Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm based in the United States that specializes in economic growth, public financial management, governance, and human and institutional performance improvement. Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 40 projects in over 70 countries.
IBI is currently looking for qualified Communication and Outreach Specialist candidates for upcoming USAID-funded programs in the separate areas of policy development, public communications, training and capacity building in Pakistan. The project seeks to provide consulting and technical assistance, exact scopes of work are currently being developed by USAID. For more information on this please check USAID’s business forecast and fbo.gov for relevant info and published Request for Information.
Employment Location: Islamabad, Pakistan, with travel throughout Pakistan
Period of Performance: The period of performance is five years.
- Develop and maintain relationship with media;
- Organize publicity events by working very closely with USAID/Pakistan COR, DOC office, relevant technical teams and USAID contractors, grantees and media on all project publicity event;
- Develop the project overall communications strategy;
- Produce and disseminate print and electronic publicity materials;
- Maintain project website and social media presence;
- Engage local and international media, as appropriate and in consultation with the COR and the USAID/DOC office;
- Train and guide other project staff on publicity issues;
- Maintain media contacts and information databases;
- Recruit participants through the project website or media;
- Conduct alumni activities;
- Gather success stories for the development of documentaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in education/teaching/ human resources development/ project management/ social science or a related technical field is highly desirable;
- At least 7 years of experience in managing participant training activities with background of designing and administration of training;
- Previous work in Pakistan;
- Background in working with USAID or on USAID projects including having knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Significant experience related to community engagement, communications and outreach, and capacity building;
- Familiarity with micro-enterprise, the informal labor market, rural economies;
- Fluent in English;
- USAID may provide additional qualifications not listed here.