UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference:
Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, performs a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services, in support of Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships activities. Specifically, the post-holder provides support to the CAP Manager, and the Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships (CAP) Section as a whole, with regard to budget and human resource matters, contributing to the smooth running of the Section.
Summary of key functions/account abilities:
Support to communication, planning and execution:
- Collects information, conducts interviews of beneficiaries and partners to contribute to the drafting of human interest stories, photo essays, videos, social media posts and other relevant communication products.
- Helps organize and generate public support for special events and activities; assists in the preparation of communication materials for briefing and visits of media, goodwill ambassadors, donors, National Committee representatives and other special interest groups. Assists in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements for them.
- Assists in updating content on UNICEF social media platforms (local website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) in English.
- Assists in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy, partnerships and communications objectives.
Communication Service delivery:
- Liaises with contractors (photographers, video crews, writers, translators, designers and printing companies, etc). Assists in the preparation, production and editing of communication, advocacy and partnerships assets produced by contractors / LTAs, and oversees the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout, graphic design and printing) done by them.
- Assists in the review of communication, advocacy, visibility products to ensure quality control and adherence to UNICEF standards in English.
- Assists in the monitoring of the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy, partnerships and communications materials to target audiences.
- Establishes/maintains an up-to-date documentation centre for publications, press releases and clippings, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials (photo library) and mailing lists.
Support in Managing Programme Results:
- Plans and issues payments, follows up on cash advance, liquidation and budget using VISION for the CAP Section.
- Summarizes information reflecting current obligations and future programme and/or budgetary implications; organizes data and information, prepare and maintain records, document and control plans for the monitoring of communication strategy implementation.
Administrative and clerical support:
- Scrutinizes plans of operations, exchanges of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action. Assists in the administrative process of requests for assistance for the CAP Section.
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities for the CAP Section.
- Performs other duties as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in administration, programme support or clerical work is required.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.