Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Post:
Under the supervision of the Communication Specialist P-3, the incumbent’s work will have significant impact on UNICEF’s image and reputation in Liberia. He/she will work under the guidance of the Communications Specialist in terms of setting priorities and work methods and will be required to take pro-active initiatives in the application of guidelines, templates and in applying UNICEF global digital standards in some sensitive branding and design matters, provide a wide range of operational and administrative support to the section.
Key Function, Accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Support administrative support in the section, including drafting service requisitions for consultant/institutional contracts, vendor payments and arranging travel for section staff and other related paperwork. Support logistical arrangements as required, including dissemination of publications and other materials to other offices and partners.
- Support in managing the country office website; development of multimedia assets such as videos, photographs as may be required; assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats, as appropriate including translations; support monitoring and analysis of the use and effectiveness of media materials.
- Assist in collaborating with the other teams in the office to organizing field visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Perform non-linear editing and packaging of footage and materials sourced from UNICEF and other service providers to produce high-quality, edited and subtitled videos for UNICEF’s various digital platforms.
- Contribute to the designing of UNICEF Liberia print and digital products (infographics, leaflets, publications) based on UNICEF’s global brand guidelines and standards.
- Organize and maintain UNICEF in-house digital photo library including proper metadata embedding; share images selectively with external media, partners and HQ and perform the required photo editing tasks from retouching and colour grading to ensure highest quality archival photos; Maintain an archive of all multimedia products used on UNICEF social media platforms, RO or HQ channels as well as National Committees and other media outlets, including interviews.
- Contribute to maintaining and updating UNICEF website using content produced by the Communication section.
- Daily monitoring, review and record media coverage of the Organization and circulate to relevant authorities.
- Improve the Country Office online presence through the collection of information and preparation of content for social media campaigns.
- Assist in the organization of Logistical support to information campaigns along key events or international days.
- Support the organization of public events and campaigns along key events or international days to promote the visibility of UNICEF actions in Liberia e.g. World’s Children Day, Day of the African Child etc, in close collaboration with different sectors and programmes.
- Support the public relations component of UNICEF funded projects including monitoring of project visibility plans in line with UNICEF Branding Guidelines and Donors visibility guidelines.
- As needed, undertake photo and video documentation of UNICEF-related activities in the field and for high-level visits.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assist in developing and maintain close collaboration with organizations and individuals whose support is essential in promoting children's rights.
- Support in organizing advocacy events with main partners, donors, media.
- Support during field visits, donor and media tours.
- Collect and make available for the section relevant visibility guidelines per donor/partner
- Assist in financial transactions (VISION) and administrative process for the Partnerships and Communication Sections.
Qualification and Experience:
- Completion of secondary education is required. Technical and or university courses in Communication is an asset. Completion of a university degree in Communication, Journalism, or Public Relations would be an advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible programme and/or administrative work, of which at least two years should demonstrate experience in Communication-related activities and ability to synthesize information, simplify and communicate complex issues in a coherent, compelling and speedy manner.
- Knowledge and experience of the media environment and digital media platforms would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and in the local languages of the duty station is required.