For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and abuse. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Describe in order of importance what is done and how it is done. Do not exceed more than 10-12 major duties. Indicate the percentage of time devoted to each duty or responsibility. Do not include duties of less than 5%.)
- 50% Produce and edit high quality photos and videos to be used in all digital platforms. This includes photo and archiving photos.
- 10% Liaise and assist in building partnership with media partners, by disseminating news notes, briefing notes, reports and other items to the local media.
- 10% Assist in supporting NatCom and other high-level delegation visiting UNICEF’s projects in Iraq.
- 10% Support in compiling donor visibility reports and monitoring when grants are due for submission. Familiarize yourself with Red Booth and track incoming contributions and advise the team on upcoming donor report deadlines.
- 10% Assist in managing the ICO digital media platforms, including the Portal, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any others that may launch). This includes learning monitoring and evaluating tools to measure progress.
- 5% Monitor local and Pan Arab news items pertaining to Iraq and send report with links, translation where needed to the RO, copying the ICO Chief of Section or his/ she designate.
- 5% Assist in supporting field offices request for visibility materials, including donor logos and any other support as needed.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible communications & advocacy
- Experience in using Adobe Suite to shoot and edit high quality videos & phots, photography archiving an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [ll]
- Working with People [ll]
- Drive for Results [ll]
- Analyzing [ll]
- Applying technical expertise [ll]
- Planning and organizing [ll]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [ll]