These positions will be based in FAO Project office in Quetta and Peshawar and for FAO Representation in Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Overall supervision of the Deputy FAO Representative, under direct supervision of International/National Project Coordinators, the incumbent as part of the FAO Communication team and reporting to the Communication Officer. In regular consultation and coordination with the Communication Officer, the incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
- Articulate communication needs and purposes per target audience and the communication mechanisms and products, embedded with Government, professional networks, the private sector or communities;
- Communication activities would focus on the outcome and outputs achieved of the FAO projects, targeting general and specific audiences at national, provincial, district and community levels, as well as in the Government of Australia’s and FAO’s sphere of influence;
- To support and assist Communications Officer in visibility, outreach and advocacy project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain required communication between FAO, Donors, DOP/P&D, Green Sector Line Departments and various foreign funded projects, including KPK and FATA Secretariat ( for Peshawar only)
- Develop and implement a communications strategy including website, photographic and success stories for publication.
- Prepare quarterly communications work plans in consultation with Project Coordinator and submit to Communications Officer, Islamabad
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Hold regular local meetings to reflect on program activities and gather opinions on future developments for feedback to project management.
- Ensure visibility for program related information, findings and achievements utilizing various communications channels.
- Draft press releases, articles, web-stories, social media content, scripts and media material covering program and relevant FAO project office events (workshops, inaugurations, project/activity completion, etc.).
- Advise and check the design of communication inputs like logos, photographic content, banner texts, and ensure one visual branding for FAO through promoting use of FAO branded items. Liaise with vendors and printers for various communication related services.
- Support in design and content of subject bulletins for various users.
- Plan and manage visits to the field to collect content for various communication products such as success stories and videos.
- Provide support to advancing partnership, advocacy and resource mobilization endeavors; developing and maintaining close contacts with national counterparts, donors, for the implementation of the communication and publication strategies.
- Support knowledge Building and Management; strategic documentation of good practices and innovative programme endeavors in close collaboration with the programme team;
- Develop and maintain good media contacts. Ensure publication of FAO press releases and articles in the press.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor and FAO Communications Officer
- A university degree in Communications, Media , Social Sciences or other related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience of serving in relevant position in UN, international organizations, the non-government and/or public sector;
- A working knowledge of the English language and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential;
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Reliable, responsible and detail oriented
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in a UN Organization an advantage.
- Knowledge of the working methods of the International Organizations (such as UN) and/or the public sector in Pakistan.
- Excellent writing skills and fluent in English and Urdu. Knowledge of Pashtu, Sindhi and Balochi would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.