Communication with Communities
Danish Refugee Council, Bangladesh
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Communication with Communities (CwC) Officer to support in the establishment of a strong information sharing and accountability mechanism which includes effective communication with communities through various communication channels, thus ensuring accountability to affected population
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring and track various community complaints and feedback
- Track the complaints, feedback, suggestions and enquires of refugees
- Develop appropriate responses in conjunction with the DRC Protection unit or other units as applicable (referrals)
- Track the closing of complaints loop by ensuring every complaint is processed and appropriate response is generated and responded to the particular compliant
- Conduct regular outreach / community visits and ensure to receive feedback and inputs from the affected population
- Review and generate summary reports of weekly and monthly inputs
- Support the development of appropriate communication (posters, leaflets, SMS, banners, audio messages, etc.)
- Ensure these communication messages are effectively disseminated amongst the affected population
- Coordinate and foster internal (with other DRC units) and external relations (CwC WG, UN, NGOs, local authorities)
- Supervise and guide CwC volunteers, incl. managing of administrative tasks in relation to volunteers’ work (e.g. timesheets)
- Provide translation/interpretation if/as necessary
- If required, participate in relevant coordination meetings
- Ensure compliance with safety SOPs
- Any other tasks required by the Camp Manager relevant to implementation of CCCM activities
- 2 years’ experience working with an INGO in a formal or informal camp setting
- Experience in Communications / Public Relations is desirable
- Willingness to live and work in a challenging environment with limited resources
Desirable: Good knowledge of Rohingya language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.