If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The C4D Officer is responsible for oversight of planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and achieving the planned results and activities related to C4D in relation to the Inclusive Early Childhood Education for CwD project. The C4D Officer provides technical and operational support to the supervisor and internal colleagues by administering, executing and implementing a variety of tasks to promote meaningful community engagement and participation, and measureable behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills. S/he will primarily work in close cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Basic Education General Directorate as well as other relevant project partners including civil society, academic institutions and the media. The C4D Officer will report to the Education Specialist under the output of quality inclusive education.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, cultural, economic, communication and political issues in the country/region. Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data related to CwD to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the project.
- Collect, draft and/or organize materials and related documentation for C4D strategies and plans to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Assess the impact of C4D activities on UNICEF goals to achieve measureable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and well-being related to the project. Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
Support to the implementation of C4D activities
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to the design of C4D strategies, and research, develop, test, produce and use quality C4D materials and/or organize events and activities to ensure maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change of target audience(s).
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures to ensure optimum outreach and impact to target audience(s).
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and multiple/social/digital media and tools to support maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Follow-up on the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience(s) (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media, etc.).
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of program funds and prepare documentation and related materials for a financial plan for C4D initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self-determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate lessons learned to key audiences including donors and partners.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A university degree in social sciences, education, communication, or public relations is required.
- One year of professional experience in at least one of the following areas, relevant to C4D, is an asset: communications, public advocacy, social development program planning, education.
- Knowledge of and experience in social norm change processes is an asset.
- Experience working with government, EU and UNICEF is an asset.
- Experience in drafting reports and presentations (both in Turkish and English) is an asset.
- Experience working with children, families, civil society organizations, local authorities and Government officials is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Formulating strategies/concepts
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organizing