UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, A future:
The Communication for Development (Training) officer reports to the Chief, C4D for supervision and guidance. The officer provides technical training and operational support to the section by administering, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating a variety of C4D capacity building initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete tasks.
How can you make a difference?
Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities:
- Collect, synthesize, draft and/or organize training materials and related documentations for capacity building of social mobilizers, payam and county supervisors as part of the C4D ICMN efforts.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D programming;
- Assess, select and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D ICMN training efforts verifying its contextualization, accuracy of key messages and quality for dissemination.
- Monitor and assess the impact of C4D activities on the SSCO goals to achieve measurable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and well-being.
- Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
Support to the implementation of C4D activities:
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to develop, and produce contextualized training modules, training manuals and relevant training materials, organize training and other events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D capacity building activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures to ensure community engagement and participation, and optimum outreach and impact.
- Assess and recommend potential training modules and monitoring tools to support maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Follow up and monitor the effectiveness of conducted ICMN capacity building training and production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc).
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare documentations and related materials for financial planning for C4D ICMN related initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
Advocacy, networking and Integrated Community Mobilization Network building:
- Build and maintain ICMN through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organisations, community groups, leaders, FBO and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate products to key audiences including partners and donors.
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives, including partnerships with training and academic institutions, to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise and update them as necessary.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A first level university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of (2 ) two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area. Training coordinator background in strategizing, developing modules, implementing training calendar and executing trainings is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.