Epicenter, Paris, France
Closing Date for Applications:
The main objective of the communication pole is to support the strategic directions of Epicenter in the promotion of the scientific expertise of Epicenter, the results of studies and operational capacities, by strengthening the institutional reputation of Epicenter and by facilitating new partnerships and the development of its resources.
The position of director of this pole is new at Epicenter.
The Director of Communication designs a strategic communication plan and oversees its implementation, both internally and externally. He / she must be able to understand the global landscape of global health and determine the appropriate communication strategies concerning the expertise and role of the Epicenter. He / she reports directly to the CEO and supervises the work of two employees in charge of developing communication tools.
- Develop and implement a communication plan including messages specifically adapted to the scientific and medical environment, the humanitarian environment, international institutions, public health decision-makers, governments and the media
- Develop a capacity for networking with the media, academics, civil society groups, etc.
- Liaise with the network of MSF communication officers
- Monitor the impact of Epicenter communication using relevant indicators
- Develop with the Director General and the Director of Human Resources an internal communication plan
- Five years of professional experience in similar positions preferably in NGOs or global health or humanitarian organizations, ideally with medical training
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French, other languages are a plus
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and develop working relationships with colleagues and partners
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas for communication
- University degree in communication, public health or science, or related field.