Spark, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
The Communication Intern will focus on producing and editing quality content for a range of SPARK communications, including the SPARK website, social media presence and newsletter. Knowledge and experience in social media is required. The intern will also provide PR and communications support for relevant upcoming events, conferences and/or seminars. In addition, the intern will help out with everyday tasks around the Amsterdam office. SPARK offers the intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge him/herself within the context of a vibrant and growing NGO.
For this internship we are specifically looking for someone who has ideas about social media and knows how to execute these.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in producing and editing up-to-date content for the SPARK website, social media and newsletter;
- Assist in planning and executing communications and digital media strategies;
- Contribute to the enhancement of SPARK website – updating content, SEO, AdWords etc.;
- Provide communications/PR support for relevant upcoming events, conferences, seminars;
- Assist with internal communications strategies;
- Assist with designing promotional materials;
- Assist with promotional video production.
Requirements and Skills
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s programme, preferably in Communications, Journalism or a field relevant to SPARK’s work;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Journalistic skills: not afraid of picking up the phone and giving someone a call;
- Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
- Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs/Analytics/SEO/Adwords etc.;
- Experienced with WordPress and MailChimp;
- Experience with graphic design and video production preferred (Adobe Creative Suite);
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- International and dynamic working experience;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas and plans;
- Full-time internship contract;
- Compensation of 350 EUR gross on full-time basis.