UN Children's Fund, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication and in interaction with the national communication officer, the intern will:
- Analyze national and international media daily and identify UNICEF South Sudan coverage, as well as any other relevant information to be shared with the communication colleagues;
- Update on daily basis the media monitoring matrix and share a weekly report to the chief of communication and the communication section;
- Update the media database with media contacts on a weekly basis;
- Support the communication colleagues in editing press releases and the organization of press briefings;
- Share daily the media monitoring produced by OCHA with all UNICEF South Sudan staff;
- Based on the young reporters’ strategy, help identify young reporters;
- Support the training of young reporters in communication and advocacy activities;
- Provide assistance to the young reporters for the production and dissemination of their messages and stories.
Conditions of Intern:
- Expenses: Please note that Internships at UNICEF are unpaid. However, a small stipend may be available inclusive of transport cost.
- Health/Medical insurance: Intern is required to hold valid health/accident insurance. UNICEF accepts no responsibilities for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises.
- Employment: There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Current enrolment in, or recent graduation from an undergraduate or master’s programme within the last two years in business or public administration, international law, international relations, social sciences, communication or related field. Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records
- Language: Fluency in English and Juba Arabic is required.