FHI 360, Amman, Jordan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Communication Manager will assist in the creation and delivery of program materials and announcements, events, and other communication deliverables related to the program. The position will develop and deliver clear, concise, and coordinated messages across the target program areas. This position reports to the Chief of Party.
Specific duties include:
- Produce accurate and timely weekly, quarterly, and annual reports in coordination with program staff.
- Assist with the writing and editing of reports and assessments produced under the program, including proofreading text and correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Produce weekly highlights, monthly newsletters, and fact sheets.
- Conduct field visits and utilize intervention content to produce human-interest stories.
- Prepare promotional and informational materials including articles, pamphlets, presentations, and other media-related materials.
- Disseminates messaging and content across all communication platforms, including email, websites, and social media platforms.
- Establish, maintain, and update project photo and videos library.
- Collaborate with Community Health and Nutrition technical team to identify opportunities to promote the project visibility.
- Ensure proper branding and marking of communications and project materials in line with USAID & FHI 360 marking and branding guidelines.
- Assist in organizing effective events, external representatives field visits and ceremonies.
- Coordinate with communication team at in headquarters to update project page on FHI 360 platforms
- Stays informed of developments in marketing and communications in the field of health and maternal and child nutrition to foster ideas and innovation.
- A minimum of a university degree in communication, social science, behavioral change communication, strategic communication, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of writing/editing/proofing work experience. Working within a non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on public health, international development, or public policy preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in communications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media platforms in the past is a plus.
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English is required (Native English Speakers is plus)
- Must possess general knowledge of nuances of language usage in direct communication.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must provide samples of personal writing and perform a copy edit of a sample report.
- Must be able to be to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task, re-prioritize and work independently.
- Must have a high level of attention to details.
- Must have demonstrated excellent computer skills in specialized software including Windows and Microsoft Office suite and basic photo editing.
- Working with USAID funded project and familiarity with USAID branding and marking, clearance and approval processes is a plus.