The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
To promote DRC's mission, mandate, work and advocacy strategies in country, working closely with programme teams to identify appropriate methods to communicate to relevant parties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Design and implement a country program communication and visibility strategy.
- Work with the programme teams, local partner organizations and donors to develop visibility and communication plans.
- Develop and produce DRC information and communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, stories / lessons learnt, blogs, photos, videos and regularly update the DRC website / Facebook page and other publications.
- Support the Country Director in preparing requested interviews by the media.
- Provide input on NGO joint briefing papers and DRC situational reports.
- Take an active role on organising public events, including international celebrations at Refugee Site level as and whenever organized by field teams.
- To monitor and analyse local and international media coverage related to the local situation
- Ensure compliance with donor communication requirements, in collaboration with the Risk and Compliance Coordinator
Representation, coordination and reporting
- Represent DRC in the Communications Working Group
- Work with the Programme Managers and the HoP to ensure that timely coordinated reporting is achieved
- Programme development and implementation
- Develop relevant SOPs re the institutional use of social media and conduct staff training and awareness
- Monitor and manage outputs on Social Media ensuring that DRC is being well represented
- Ensure there are regular positive messages coming from DRC through Social Media
- Suggest alternative and innovative ways of using the media generally to highlight the work that DRC is doing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Excellent oral and written skills and demonstrated ability to write and develop strong communication and advocacy materials in Bangla and English
- At least 3 years' experience working in communications and/or advocacy
- Have a good working knowledge of social media platforms and be able to manage them well with DRC best interest being priority.
- Proven experience in video making and photography
- Experience working in an international NGO Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Degree- University Degree in communication, journalism or similar or equivalent professional qualification
- Language – English – required, Bengali –required, Chittagonian – (preferable)