Who are we and what can you gain?
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our vision is to develop smart UN facilities which are: Optimal and efficient, Efficient in management and Sustainable, implemented to build modern age UNDP facilities around the globe that are fully aligned with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team that works in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/OIMT Communication and Multimedia Internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context. Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP OIMT unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your Responsibilities and assignments:
- Aid in the implementation of UNDP OIMT’s communication strategy targeting various stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of multimedia content to enhance the visibility of UNDP OIMT work.
- Identify and develop stories from country offices where OIMT projects have been implemented.
- Aid country offices in the preparation of communication assets such as videos, infographics, etc.
- Follow-up with various internal and external stakeholders on OIMT communication related tasks.
- Research relevant content to post on various internal UNDP OIMT Yammer groups.
- Provide support in data visualization and presentation, as well as information repackaging.
- Assist in the creation and execution of a brand development plan, including campaigns and materials.
- Keep multimedia asset libraries updated, catalogued and classified.
- Manage and coordinate UNDP OIMT related events; coordinate internal and external partners’ visits
- Assist with the annual recruitment campaign for new interns.
- Development of design/graphic communications materials for internal use.
- Organize, chair and take minutes during meetings with both internal and external parties.
Applying your Skills Beyond Communication and Multimedia:
Developing of a quality centred and efficient Knowledge Management (KM) platform;
Promote the OIMT’s overall strategic framework and work plan;
Adhering to OIMT Copenhagen unit being ISO 9001:2015 certified, all work shall be compliant with the international standard with focus on high quality, continuous improvements and customer satisfaction.
Technical skills of best Candidate:
- High level of knowledge for Adobe creative tools, such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- SharePoint Online knowledge, is an advantage;
- Web-design and coding knowledge (HTML 5, CSS, PHP) is an advantage;
- Experience with social media for developing marketing and promotion strategies.
Competencies and Attributes of Best Candidate:
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Goal oriented mind-set;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Pre-requisite for candidate (to be shown in CV)
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of Communications, Media, Marketing or equivalent;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
- Knowledge and a proficient user of SharePoint and Adobe Creative tools is an asset.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.