The Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Communication Officer will work closely with the ERD Senior Monitoring Officer to support the implementation of ERD activities mainly being responsible to create high-quality Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material such as booklets, brochures and posters and oversee the production of visibility material in line with the IRC’s branding guidelines for the IRC’s Economic Recovery and Development Program (ERD) in Jordan.
The (ERD) Information Management Assistant will be based in the East Amman Center office in order to work with program assistants from the different technical areas, and will be committed to providing updated data/information for internal reporting requirements.
The (ERD) Communication Officer will be based in Amman Center office in order to work with program assistants from the different technical areas, and will be committed to providing updated information for internal reporting requirements.
- Assist and ensure compliance of activities with project communication strategy by following IRC and donors guidelines.
- Coordinate communication activities and events of the project and partners.
- Take lead in the dissemination of communication materials to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead development of case studies, snap shots, success stories, and lessons learnt, personal experience (blogs) from field based staff and relevant ERD program documents and suggest recommendations on various communication issues as and when required.
- Work with the ERD program teams, and partners, to develop visibility and communications plans for ERD projects.
- Work with program sector leads to develop and produce IRC information and communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, flyers, factsheets and posters in both English and Arabic and other publications as well as supporting generation of content under the supervision of the ERD Senior Monitoring Officer
- To produce digital content (stories, photos, blogs, videos) to be used on the IRC and other websites and to liaise with relevant staff in the field and Abuja.
- In close coordination with IRC Communication Manager develop information materials on ERD work for communications and/or advocacy purposes (e.g. briefings and factsheets)Oversee, in coordination with supply chain, the production of visibility material for the ERD team in line with the IRC’s branding guidelines and ensure adherence on-site to the IRCs visibility obligations
- Implement and monitor the delivery of the communications material to concerned staff in location
- In close coordination with IRC communication manager, work with ERD program teams to collect success stories and audio-visual content through direct and indirect (partners) implementation
- Supervised by the ERD Sr. Monitoring Officer Support ERD program in designing and implementing information/data collection tools to better understand program audiences and beneficiaries.
Coordination and Liaison
- Provide support to the IRC communication manager in the Jordan country office (when needed)
- Liaise and maintain contact with ERD Seniors Monitoring officer in collecting success stories and implementing communication activities.
- Liaise with information management team to capture interesting trends, information and results to be used in the communication materials
- Ensure - in close coordination with the regional Public Affairs team - that all produced materials are in lines with IRC branding and donor guidelines
- Participate in weekly follow up/feedback meetings with colleagues to maintain high quality of data management
- Attend internal coordination meetings with other ERD colleagues to discuss opportunities and challenges.
- Participate in procurement planning when needed.
- Participate in regular team meetings and supervision sessions.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks and ideas.
- Identify areas for streamlining data entry and sorting processes
- Relevant academic background in communications, social science, Journalism, graphic design or other related fields.
- Ability to create engaging written and graphical content for internal (or if required: external) use and dialogue.
- At least one - two years of communication experience, of which preferably one year working in a humanitarian or development setting with an NGO or International Agency.
- Experience with mapping, graphics and other media.
- Experience in photography a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Final Cut, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) a strong asset.
- Experience working with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, CBOs, government, academic institutions, etc.
- Experience conducting capacity building activities for local CBOs and program staff advantageous;
- Extremely organized with ability to work on several different tasks under pressure.
- Good motivational and team-building skills.
- Excellent Arabic & English skills.
Working Environment: This position is based in Amman.
The IRC is a team-work environment and requires a person who will work with colleagues from many cultural backgrounds, understand and contribute to the organization’s goals, work well as a member of a group/team, and respect the thoughts and opinions of others in the team.
The position is expected to spend up to 40% of time in the field (Mafraq, Irbid, Ramtha and East Amman).