UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
Assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an advocacy and communication strategy to get children's and women's issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF's mission and objectives in the country, and enhance the organization's credibility and brand.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Ensure that the production of communication products and materials is timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
Duties & Tasks
- Implement the tasks in the country communication work plan and strategy as assigned.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. briefing notes, images, video. Web pages etc.) that meet the country and global standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit.
- Assist in creating and writing press releases, human interest stories and other mutli-media materials for both advocacy and fundraising purposes.
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.) to meet standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation center for communication materials including social media content, publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Digital engagement and Media relations
- Effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media - print, TV, radio, web etc. â€“ in the country, to communicate the story of UNICEF's cooperation to a wider audience.
Duties & Tasks
- In collaboration with the Chief of Communication and programmatic sections, develop and maintain a multi-media content plan, leveraging advocacy plans with programme sections and global advocacy priorities.
- In close coordination with programme sections, develop multi-media content and disseminate, in accordance with plans, across digital channels in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with Chief of Communication, strengthen the close collaboration with mass media. Update relevant contact list/databases with media and entities whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
- Assist in drafting and editing key messages, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in multi-media formats, as needed. Develop associated visuals and graphics that will highlight evidence-based data and storytelling.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media and donors. Assist in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements for them.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of online and traditional media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
Duties & Tasks
- Contribute to implementing the digital strategy and advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences Â and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (social media engagement, clippings, coverage etc.)
- Monitor the public perception of UNICEF in the country and recommend appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization.
- Assist in providing feedback to DOC on the use and appropriateness of global communication materials such as publications, images and multimedia products.
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective communication strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy and fundraising.
- Undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful communication experiences as directed by supervisor.
- Celebrities, youth influencers, partners and special events
- Ensure that the Country Office's contact list of individuals, groups, organizations are maintained and further developed, whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives and who support and are able to actively participate in special events and activities that further the country programme goals.
Duties & Tasks
- Help organize and generate public support for special events and activities to promote country programme goals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
- Maintain and update celebrity, youth influencers and partner contact lists/database for country office.
- Monitor/document process and effectiveness of working with these individuals/organizations.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits of media, Goodwill Ambassadors, donors, National Committee representatives and other special interest groups. The task includes preparing information materials (e.g., press releases, programme summaries, country fact sheets and media kits), and assisting in the planning, logistics and administrative arrangements.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have :
Education: University degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Two years practical professional work experience in interactive digital media or communication and broadcast media.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and Nepali language.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.