UNICEF, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the assignment is to both support the Chief of Partnerships and also the Senior Advisor for UNICEF@75 in planning, coordinating and implementing UNICEF's celebrations of its 75th anniversary throughout 2021 under the overall Reimagine umbrella. The specialist will also support on further collaboration with the UN family in the wider context, amidst the celebrations of UN@75 and on other UN events, including around partnerships and the COVID pandemic. The specialist will assist in planning for the relevant narrative on the past and for the future, enhancing advocacy, organizing related events, ensuring UNICEF's visibility, publicly celebrating UNICEF's successes and challenges, all while reinforcing interagency work and global collaboration. The specialist will also work closely within the team to identify new partnerships, and support events (including virtual or hybrid form events based on the current covid-19 pandemic).
Expected results: (measurable results)
- The assignment will deliver on and support Partnerships and Institutional Events in the following areas/activities:
- Implement the strategic and creative plans for UNICEF@75, including events, using relevant promotion platforms, establishing partnerships and delivering key advocacy and communication messages both internally (coordination) and externally (public facing comms)
- Assist in UNICEF collaboration with the rest of the UN family, as well as other stakeholders, such as the private sector, the non-for-profit sector and media, around partneships and communication.
- Work closely with the Youth Engagement team to ensure that youth engagement is a central part of unicef@75 and other UNICEF initiatives, and potential UN initiatives
- Support in coordination across UNICEF divisions to maximise effectiveness, efficiency and reach
- Support in holding regional webinars & reaching out to UNICEF Country Offices to rally the entire organization around the UNICEF@75 and other special projects or institutional events hosted or coordinated by the Partnership team
- Support the Partnerships team in establishing and rolling out new partnerships including from the media, sports, music and entertainment industries around UNICEF@75 and other initiatives
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in communication, social sciences, or similar degree plus three years of work experience in a relevant field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in:
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.