Communication Specialist with the Research Group of Urban Health under the Centre for Equity and Health Systems
icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Coordination and dissemination: Coordinate with partners and affiliates, GoB, Policy maker and management of social media and media relations through communication and development Office; Lead the public relation aspects of the project; Work closely with Research Policy Communication Cell (RPCC) to contribute in research to policy communication; Manage all aspect of effective elaboration; Production and dissemination of communication materials; Produce regular newsletters, Monographs, policy brief and other form of publication in consultation with communication and development Office; Organize various related meetings; Review and generate evidence from the papers/reports on evidence based research; Work with concern in organizing web-based MIS course for health systems managers and statisticians working for MIS Health, DGHS; Work with concern in organizing Policy Dialogue and Cafe-Scientifique in order to attain the project objectives. .
- Media Management: Analyze the health media environment to identify trends related to coverage of public health and research themes relevant to the project; Act as a focal point of contact with media agencies and maintain a contact database of electronic, print and other media related to research project; Work with Research Policy Communication Cell (RPCC) to upgrade their website and developing and managing library and resource hub; Raise the web-profile of activities of the project partners; Build relationship and maintain network with media representatives (e.g. editors of health magazines, news reporters, anchors) related to project in order to effectively create awareness of research activities externally.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- Masters in Mass communication/Journalism/Social Networking/Developmental Studies/ MBA(Management/MIS) or other relevant subject;
- 5 years of experience in copywriting or journalism from media organizations, preferably with exposure to public health sector.
Functional Competencies: (Knowledge on)
- Knowledge of Media Management and Planning;
- Public Relation Skills;
- Knowledge of Branding Concepts and Mechanisms;
- Knowledge of Communication Principles and Tools;
- Agency and Promotion Campaign Management Skills;
- Knowledge of National Health Systems;
- Domain Knowledge;
- Budgeting and Cost Management Skills
- Must have organizational and financial awareness;
- Able to execute for results;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Can communicate collaboratively;
- Able to build effective teams.