Communication Specialist, Temporary, NO-C (Cameroon Nationals only)
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Expected Results
- Support the implementation of the communication strategy and work plan to raise the profile of children/women and children/women's issues in the complex humanitarian crisis (Far North and Central African Republic crises)
- Write and edit human interest stories and produce/or coordinate the production of materials (text stories, photo essays, video stories, social media inputs) on the situation of children/women and UNICEF programs
- Coordinate with UNICEF program colleagues, field offices and partners for the collection of visibility/communication materials from the field
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate
- Produce briefing materials as necessary for official visits, senior management, media, donors, etc.
- Support the elaboration of internal and external documents on UNICEF's positioning and strategies
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new or interactive digital media.
- Fluency in English and French.