Concern Worldwide, Dublin, Ireland
Closing Date for Applications:
The Communications Administrator works with Concern Worldwide’s Global Communications Team to deliver the Global Communications Strategy in support of Leaving No One Behind – The Organisational Strategic Plan.
The main objective is to provide administrative, communications and logistical support to the delivery of communications projects and campaigns.
Provide administrative, communications and logistical support to the Head Office communications team and support, as required, to global communications colleagues.
- Maintain and update the Concern photographic database (StoryDesk),
- Provide support and training for StoryDesk users.
- Provide support to the Global Brand Manager on implementation of and adherence to the Global Brand.
- Manage purchasing, invoicing and payments for the team.
- Provide back-up support to internal communications officer.
- Contribute creative ideas for communications projects, campaigns and channels through fora such as brainstorms and team meetings.
- Participate in the delivery of the emergency response strategy when required, (this may require working out of normal office hours).
- Provide a basic graphic design and layout service in-house.
- Provide support to the media relations and digital content teams when required.
- Organise travel arrangements, this includes booking flights, preparing visa applications, obtaining media accreditation for journalists, etc.
- Liaising with journalists and colleagues around logistics in advance of media trips.
- Contribute to the development of effective information management systems, data storage and retrieval systems.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out in full compliance with Concern’s financial and administrative policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties and tasks as may be agreed from time to time.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent administrative skills and a good knowledge of office systems and procedures including information storage and retrieval systems
- Well-developed time management skills and the ability to plan and manage work
- Well-developed analytic, research and numeracy skills
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- An interest and understanding of the media, both traditional and digital.
- Good communication skills
- An appreciation of Concern’s work and the values and culture of the Communications Directorate.
- Three years experience in an administration role
- Experience with digital asset management
- Qualification in Graphic Design.