PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position provides strategic internal and external communications to the World Vision International President and CEO, to position the President as a key influencer, collaborator and a relationship-builder with all major stakeholders that are critical to the success of World Vision's mission, ethos and delivery of Our Promise 2030 strategy.
Provides internal and external, messaging, engagement and communication strategies to position the President as a thought leader, strategic influencer and global ambassador to external and internal global leaders, including government leaders, donors, the general public and media outlets in order to impact policies and motivate global support of World Visions mission, ethos as well as the delivery of Our Promise 2030 objectives.
- Ensures all communications & messaging are in alignment with sector lead strategies.
- Research for and writing of speeches, briefings, reports, endorsements and articles to be delivered by the President.
- As a key advisor to the President, regularly consult on major initiatives with special attention to communication and external engagement components.
- Expand and propose direction on initiatives ensuring alignment with broad concepts and objectives.
- Initiate and manage prep work for external engagements, including regional forums, bilateral meetings and media relations.
- Resource gathering and coordination with internal and external partners to support requirements of communications and external engagement strategy.
- Design and develop key correspondence, plus administrative correspondences as necessary for both internal and external audiences.
- Attends and participates in devotions and weekly Chapel services where applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field involving writing, research and communications development (e.g. research information, reshape it and write a clear, concise and compelling manner for many formats such as speeches, articles, letters, videos, internal memos, etc.) – Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior communications position.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and processes and juggle multiple tasks/projects while meeting deadlines.
- Deep understanding of the issues facing and addressed by World Vision including poverty, most vulnerable children, Humanitarian emergency relief and transformational development.
- A passion for and commitment to superior customer service, both internally and externally.
- Proven excellence in writing for various public and internal channels (work samples will be required).
- Communications resource gathering and production skills (e.g. photography, video, scripting, editing presentation development).
- Strong Christian commitment as evidenced by life and character.
- Highly effective in English written and verbal communications.
- Public policy, relief and development understanding.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 14 weeks per year and/or prior living experiences in developing countries.
- Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed organization.
- Additional languages in French, Spanish or Portuguese is highly desirable.
Work Environment: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.