World Vision International(WVI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Manage communications from the WV IT executive to WV IT staff and customers, to create a shared understanding and support of WV IT’s goals and vision, and how these enable the broader WV priorities and overarching goal.
- Production of WV IT communications collateral, including monthly All Hands meetings, Executive Briefings, monthly newsletters and WV Central forums and updates.
- Provide communications support to the Project Managers, as required, ensuring there is an integrated WV IT communications plan for the prioritised initiatives.
- Establish systems for the appropriate and effective flow of relevant information to and from WV IT staff and their customers.
- Liaise with WVI Global Communications to provide guidance and support for WV IT Managers in the following areas:
- Managing internal communications within their functions / teams.
- Managing communications during times of change.
- Developing relevant and engaging communications.
- Communicating with virtual teams.
- Liaise with WVI Global Communications to identify and share communications resources and appropriate materials to support WV IT Managers to communicate better with their staff and customers.
- Continuously build communications capability and networks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or a related client-services field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years working in a related field in public relations, communications or marketing, preferably in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of internal communications and /or change management is useful.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work with people at all levels and across cultures.
- Good networker who is effective at working with others.
- Able to work autonomously as part of a virtual team.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Simplified Chinese would be well regarded.
- Sees the bigger picture: understands how WV IT objectives and communications fit with overall Partnership objectives and communications strategy, objectives, activities and guidelines.
- Understands the principles of communications planning, audience and message identification.
- Able to work with technical specialists, cut through their jargon and simplify.
- Understands World Vision, its mission and vision. Familiar with the field, with development projects either within World Vision or with another international development organisation.
- Understands the contribution of strategic and support functions to World Vision's ministry, particularly WV IT’s role in enabling Partnership priorities and goals.
- Understanding of the functional processes in complex global organisations.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/malaysia/communications/communications-advisor-gict/4184