Communications and Community Engagement Intern
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
The communications and Community Engagement Intern will assist the communications and community engagement teams to implement effective risk communications efforts (in the context of COVID19); community engagement efforts; effective communications—including by leveraging events such as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Community Engagement/Risk Communication:
- In the context of COVID19, support IFRC’s community mobilization efforts through the drafting of risk communications factsheets.
- Assist in the drafting of risk communication video scripts.
- Assist in the drafting of the CEA newsletter.
Communications and World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Project management: Conduct an evaluation of the communications capacities of National Societies in the Africa region.
- Administrative work: support the administrative tasks of the communications department.
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day: act as a regional focal point for the organization of World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, to be marked on 8 May 2021
- Support the communications department in its research, fundraising, planning, monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- University level education (2 – 4 years) in community development - Required
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong presentation skills
- Good writing skills
- Data analysis
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural and social context
- Self-supporting in computer skills
- Fluently spoken and written English