Communications and Design Assistant
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Panama City, Panama
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The holder must perform a series of technical and operational tasks in the area of communication and design. The main functions to be performed are:
- Support the dissemination of the activities of the FAO Technical Cooperation Program in Panama.
- Support the dissemination of SLM activities in Mesoamerica.
- Generate graphic and audiovisual material for the different interest groups: government authorities, parliamentarians, strategic partners and other international organizations in the country.
- Support the development and dissemination of technical content and information products of FAO.
- Collaborate in the management of the digital channels of the FAO SLM and Panama.
Under the supervision and general orientation of the Coordinator of the FAO Subregional Office for Mesoamerica and Representative in Panama, the FAO Communications Specialist for Mesoamerica and Panama, and the coordination with the FAO Communications Unit for Latin America and the Caribbean. Caribbean.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The holder must perform a series of technical and operational tasks in the area of communication and design. Specifically, you must complete the following tasks:
- Support the Communication Specialist in the generation of content and communication products, in particular:
- Support in writing content about the work of FAO SLM and Panama;
- Support in the development and review of informative materials on the work of FAO in Panama and SLM;
- Generate photographic and audiovisual material on the activities and projects of FAO in SLM and Panama;
- Develop graphic and audiovisual content (videos, gifs, podcasts) of the actions of FAO in Panama and SLM in the digital channels and social networks of the Organization;
- Support in the layout of informative or technical materials, as well as other documents;
- Develop various graphic materials for events, trainings and workshops, such as banners, backs, support material, badges, personifiers, participation certificates and promotional material, among others.
- Support in the organization and logistics of events, press conferences and media tours, as well as other activities that require dissemination;
- Support the photographic and informative coverage of events and projects of FAO SLM and Panama, as well as other activities that require dissemination;
- Support in the preparation and distribution of informational materials on the work of the Organization;
- Support in the administration and updating of the digital media of FAO SLM and Panama;
- Support in the administration and updating of digital media and other platforms of FAO Panama and SLM;
- Prepare daily monitoring of news published in the media about FAO and issues related to the Organization;
- Send daily informative synthesis at the internal and weekly level at the regional level;
- Manage and send monthly sub-regional and national newsletter to counterparts and other audiences of the Organization;
- Support in any other communication activity, as required.
- Bachelor in audiovisual communication, graphic design and related.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in multimedia design and editorial production.
- Excellent command of Spanish (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- National of Panama or resident in the Country.
- Focused on results
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
- Ability to work and coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Desirable experience in international organizations
- Creativity, proactivity and attention to details.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and meet goals in established times.
- Experience in editorial production and corporate image.
- Experience and knowledge in recording and editing of audiovisual materials.
- Management of PC and Macintosh platform.
- Handling of design softwares (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.).
- Management of MS Office, Webmaster CMS (content management) and social network management programs.
- Basic knowledge for proofreading.
- Valuable specialty or master's degree in editorial design and / or multimedia.