Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist
The Palladium Group, Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
Revise the Communications Plan for AQEP which includes promoting achievements of AQEP in the infrastructure component and meets DFAT requirements and protocols for visibility and public diplomacy.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and internally consistent suite of practical strategies to share knowledge and generate informed dialogue about what has been learned about improving access and quality in the target areas of Fiji. Strategies should include events and forums targeting specific audiences as well as a range of knowledge products appropriately differentiated for different stakeholders - teachers and principals, district and provincial officials, national policy makers, teacher training institutes, community and NGOs.
- Build and maintain relationships with specific target groups that will assist in progressing the sustainability agenda of the Program, including: teacher training organisations, teacher associations, NGOs, school Boards, principals' forums and personnel in the Ministry with ongoing responsibility for teacher in-service.
- Work closely with the Team Leader to identify themes and issues for advocacy and communications at the school level through to the national level through building awareness, creating understanding, generating public audiences for events and publications dialogue and support for improved practices and adjust strategies as needed.
- Provide advice and participate in the preparation of succinct, ad hoc information briefs and infographics on education and related issues.
- Through a collaborative process, develop and implement a knowledge repository for AQEP products.
- Other duties as required by the Team Leader AQEP consistent with qualifications and experience.
- A bachelor's degree in the fields of Social Science, Development Studies, Communication and Media, Public Relations or related subjects;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in the communications and media field including some experience in education advocacy and promotions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of strong stakeholder relations, with ability to work in sensitive situations and challenging policy environments;
- Excellent presentational and writing skills including use of digital technologies, social media tools and multi-media technologies;
- Demonstrated project planning and organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Knowledge of the Fiji education system and context.
- Established contacts and networks within local, national and International media outlets.
- Experienced in working within complex donor-funded initiatives, which involve various state agencies and local governments.