Communications and knowledge manager
Closing Date for Applications:
Chemonics seeks a communications and knowledge manager for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM works to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President’s Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health. GHSC-PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening toward an effective, comprehensive supply chain. The communications and knowledge manager will work full-time with the Myanmar country director and the technical team to develop and communicate overall vision and strategic direction for the project, with emphasis on knowledge management activities; lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities; lead the formulation, compilation, completion, and accuracy of project deliverables; and maintain frequent internal and external contact with key project stakeholders.
- Lead the GHSC-PSM Myanmar project office’s communications and monitoring and evaluation activities, in collaboration with the field office and the Washington, D.C., office as needed
- Compile information from technical leads and consolidate into regular reports
- Ensure all project deliverables and external documents are of high quality and submitted on time
- Represent GHSC-PSM at technical meetings with collaborating partners, senior government officials, or donor agencies
- Work with technical teams to lead development and management of annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual and life of project targets set according to the priorities of the governments of Myanmar and the United States
- Set up systems to collect data against performance management plan indicators and work with technical leads to ensure data is collected as required, support setting targets for subsequent years based on project performance, and serve as the project’s point of contact for quarterly data submission and data validation with the GHSC-PSM home office.
- Compile data into regular reports and support the project’s efforts to respond to ad hoc requests for communications materials and data-related requests from the GHSC-PSM home office, USAID/Washington, and USAID/Burma.
- Exhibit Chemonics’ values and build within the team a culture consistent with the company’s “Living our Values” ethics standards
- Ensure that staff understand and adhere to established policies and procedures, and support quick and just resolution of any disciplinary issues that arise
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the country director
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of knowledge management, communications, monitoring and evaluation, or organizational learning experience required
- Solid understanding of supply chain management systems strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience managing USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and motivational ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in writing and speaking English