COMMUNICATIONS AND LIAISON SPECIALIST
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Stockholm, Sweden
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Gather, analyze and communicate information from Sweden to better inform HQ decision-making:
- Seek, obtain and analyse information with respect to political, economic, institutional and policy developments and trends in the Nordic countries and report on this;
- Based on political intelligence suggest strategic entry points to help maintain/strengthen/reverse current trends in the country’s political and financial support to UNDP.
Brief Swedish stakeholders on UNDP’s work and results, and advocate for UNDP’s policy positions:
- Prepare briefing materials and presentations on UNDP’s work and results.
Facilitate senior official missions and meetings to and from the Nordic capitals:
- Organize visits of UN/DP senior staff and management to the Nordic countries, including in the context of annual consultations or reviews, conferences, bilateral meetings, fund-raising initiatives etc.;
- Preparation of programmes, briefing materials, talking points, organization of agendas and logistics;
- Outreach to media in connection with visits, report launches and promotion of corporate priorities;
- Formulation of appropriate messaging, tailored to local relevance.
Advocate and coordinate resource mobilization efforts:
- Advocate for sustained or increased funding to UNDP;
- Inform Swedish decision-makers on UNDP’s funding needs and submit and present specific funding proposals as required and requested corporately;
- Advice UNDP HQ and country offices on donor focus areas and interest, funding opportunities, as well as formats and other relevant information.
Communicate and enhance UNDP’s public visibility, engage in public policy dialogue and support reputation management:
- Organise events on various UN/DP topics, meetings, conferences, and launches and mobilize broad support to the UN/DP.
- Advanced (Master’s) university degree in Communications or Political science is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is desirable but not mandatory.
- Fluency in English and Swedish is required.
- Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into one single file.