Communications and Operations Manager
Ashoka , Toronto, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Forty years ago, Ashoka changed the framework of the social sector by championing the idea that there is nothing more powerful than a bold, new idea in the hands of an exceptional social entrepreneur.
The Ashoka community is aiming for its next paradigm shift: a world in which everyone can be a changemaker. We're assembling a team of entrepreneurs and builders around the world to help us get there. If this sounds like the kind of institution you want to help create, consider joining us. Our Canadian team is growing, and we have a compelling opportunity for those with the right spirit and skills.
We’re looking for a Communications and Operations Manager. The ideal candidate has a passion for working with social change organizations, strong project management skills and a comfort with technology. This position will develop as well as implement systems and processes to ensure dynamic, responsive Ashoka Canada communications and smooth cross-organizational planning. This five day per week position is available for the right team member, with the option of working flexibly from home or from the Toronto office. This role will be accountable to the Executive Director with responsibility to support program Directors.
The ideal candidate is:
- A tech savvy communicator who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Highly skilled in social media, digital design and content creation
- Experienced with InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, Salesforce and social media
- Has worked with an editorial calendar system and can help integrate it into our systems
- An experienced virtual and in-person event planner who can seamlessly support our staff & network
- A self-starter and strong team player
- Proactive and able to problem solve independently and seek support when needed
- Able to multi-task and innovate efficiently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- A disciplined project manager
- Able to spot opportunities to promote the Ashoka Canada network
- Self awareness and commitment to personal and organizational learning
- Comfort discussing systems of oppression and pathways to change
- Bilingual, French and English (preferred but not required)
The candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Supporting external communications with stakeholders through social media and website management
- Designing and implementing processes to support growth (editorial calendar, project management, partner management, Ashoka website, social media)
- Working with the Ashoka Canada and Global team to continually expand and leverage our networks
- Representing Ashoka Canada when communicating with external stakeholders & partners
- Creating and updating concept notes, proposals as well as partnership reports
- Supporting in-person and virtual logistics, activities and events as required
- Capturing insights and making suggestions to improve the Ashoka internal & external processes
- Scheduling for and supporting the Executive Director in meeting the needs of the organization.