United Nations Development Programme, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer, the intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions of the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO).
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the RCO Communications Hub in the following tasks:
- The development and dissemination of communication material for both online and offline channels
- Generate social media visibility and manage content for all UN Sri Lanka social media assets
- Conducting of any campaigns and events the Communications Hub undertakes
- Provide support in developing public service announcements capturing key messages of UN Sri Lanka’s work
- Conducting of events in collaboration with the UN Communications Group
- Coordination of outreach activities
- Planning and implementing new initiatives
- Managing cross-agency collaboration efforts and cross-agency coordination meetings related to communications
- Writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the Communications
- An ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely
- Highly organized, energetic and articulate with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to take initiative and be a problem-solver
- Team Player
- Quick learner
- Please capture below statement as well.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UN internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Relevant working experience in the field of communications and public relations is preferable
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required and proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil is an advantage
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Knowledge in photoshop, illustrator, video editing software is a plus
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.