United Nations Development Programme, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Analyst, the intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions of UNDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist UNDP Communications Unit in the following tasks:
- Assist with the preparation and production of communication materials, including fast facts brochures, newsletters and publications.
- Update the UNDP Sri Lanka social media pages on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements.
- Coordinate with youth bloggers and maintain the UNLOCKED blogging platform
- Assist in conducting of any campaigns and events the Partnership and Engagement Team undertakes.
- Provide support in developing public service announcements capturing key messages of UNDP Sri Lanka’s work
- Assist in conducting of events in collaboration with the UN Communications Group
- Assist in the coordination of outreach activities
- Assist in planning and implementing new initiatives
- Assist in writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events
- Assist the Communications Unit with any other duties as may be assigned.
- Team Player
- Excellent writing skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills
- Polite and outgoing
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Relevant working experience in the field of communications and public relations is preferable
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required and proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil is an advantage
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.