Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization:
- UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- UNOPS offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, childcare facilities, and career coaching. UNOPS ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office.
Functional Responsibilities for this Project:
- Provide routine assistance in the development of communication materials (audio visual, web and print) in consultation with project staff;
- Help improve the correct use of project brand on audio visual, web and print content;
- Continuous maintenance of the communication related archive, document databases (share-drive and online) including OneUNOPS platform, ensuring that the content is accurate, relevant and up-to-date ;
- Maintenance of FieldSight presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and the FieldSight website;
- Continuous maintenance of the project photo archive and selection of appropriate graphics/images for inclusion with written content;
- Assist in the maintenance of the project by ensuring that all published content is kept accurate, relevant and up-to-date;
- Provide assistance in development of presentations, news releases and publications relevant to the organization of meetings and workshops; including minutes of the meeting, workshop reports and briefings;
- Assist in the development of a common brand identity for FieldSight across all communication channels;
- Support the development of video tutorials and other audio video materials that are part of the overall communications strategy;
- Help to prepare well-expressed, well designed and accurate articles with the help of effective concepts and approaches;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary school education is required;
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in communications, journalism media relations or relevant discipline is an asset.
- Certification in communications and community engagement along with reporting desirable.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in communication and community engagement and reporting is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of studies may substitute for some required years of experience
- Experience in communication, report writing and community outreach activities desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package (MS Office is required).
Language: Fluency in written and oral English and Nepali is required.