Danish Refugee Council, one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Communications Assistant, who will contribute to promotion of the DRC-DDG mission, mandate and work in Ukraine
Overall purpose of the role:
The Communication assistant will work closely with the Communications Specialist and Programme teams to identify appropriate methods to communicate to relevant audience. The Communications Assistant will contribute to the communications efforts through social media, publications, and media outreach. Applicants are expected to have a background in communications/PR/SMM/journalism or related field, preferably in an NGO, or a PR agency.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in promotion the work of DRC-DDG through regular update on social media (Facebook and Twitter), the DRC website / Facebook page and other publications.
- Support with the writing and publication of the DRC-DDG monthly newsletter.
- Assist in drafting information materials for use in DRC channels and in traditional and online media: press releases, feature stories, news stories, Programme publications in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Assist with media liaison and coordination, media monitoring.
- Contribute to ensuring visibility and branding for the donors-funded projects implemented by DRC-DDG in Ukraine.
- Drafting tasks and briefs for external vendors to produce visibility and communications products (e.g. designers, printing offices, photographers.)
- Support in organizing public events, including international celebrations and whenever organized by field teams as appropriate/requested.
- Ensure quality and content of all public information documents for DRC activities, in coordination with relevant staff.
Required experience and competencies
- Diploma in social sciences, communications, public relations or equivalent - or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role, in PR/SMM/journalism or similar, preferably in an NGO, or a PR agency.
- Experience in managing social media accounts, drafting content plans, community management.
- Experience in drafting publications for media outlets.
- Strong writing skills in English, Ukrainian, Russian.
- Ability to communicate with different target audiences.
- Strong computer/digital skills.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
- Experience with direct-mail services (e.g. Mailchimp) will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of graphic editing software will be an advantage.
- All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment..