What We're Looking For
Blossom Trust is seeking a highly motivated and creative Communications Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be able to create and implement a successful communication strategy and be in charge of maintaining office operations. In this position you will also be the right hand to the Director and expected to be on top of all operations within the organization. Alongside the Project Coordinators and the Grant Coordinator, the candidate will also be working on project development and grant writing.
It is important that you have analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong attention to detail and are able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. You will work in a small team, but be primarily self-directed and adaptable to ever-changing situations.
The successful candidate will be primarily based in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu. On occasion we agree for you to work remotely throughout India. Our team works on a full-time basis from 10:00am - 6:00pm Monday to Saturday. Your work schedule is flexible depending on you and your time management skills. We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months starting ASAP. Longer stays are welcome, please state your preference in the cover letter.
Due to the nature of this job, we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.
- Your task will be to create and implement a successful communications strategy and to create and update content for our website and social media pages. You will also be required to maintain donor relations, and implement/manage fundraising campaigns through crowdfunding platforms like Global Giving.
- Website and Social Media: Write and publish high quality updates about projects and occasions, create and implement Social Media strategy and keep website up to date.
- Create communication materials: Flyers, brochures, banners etc.
- Fundraising: Raise funds through online crowdfunding platforms and social media accounts; identify fundraising opportunities; create written and visual content for new campaigns.
- Strategic communications: Create fundraising strategy and improve current communication strategies.
- Donor relations: Maintain donor relations; strategize to increase our donor base
- Administration: Act as administrative support for the director of Blossom; manage files and online database
- Grant and Report Writing: Support the Project and Grant Coordinators in writing proposals and other reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree. Ideally in Communications, International Development, Global Health or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media, website content, fundraising, blogs or writing articles
- Experience in organising and prioritising work
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Strong writing and research skills
- Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently, and to be resourceful and proactive.
- Adaptable, patient, respectful of diversity and cultural differences
- Proficiency in English
- Masters degree
- Understanding of website development and maintenance
- Experience with programs like Wix and Canva
- Experience living in a developing country
- Demonstrated interest in India
- Demonstrated interest in International development
- Demonstrated interest in HIV/AIDS or tuberculosis prevention
- Demonstrated interest in Environmental and agricultural sustainability
- Demonstrated interest in Women’s rights or children’s rights