Duration: 6 months
Deadline for applications: 28/03/2017 (23h59 CET)
Are you an able and creative social media enthusiast and aspiring influencer, interested in politics? Are you looking for a career in communications? If so, this internship at the European Youth Forum might be just for you.
The European Youth Forum is recruiting an intern for 6 months, starting April, in the Communications Team within the Secretary-General’s Office of the organisation.
The internship is full time based at the European Youth Forum secretariat in Brussels. The European Youth Forum believes in quality on-the-job learning opportunities and this internship is in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships (www.qualityinternships.eu).
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe.
Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents around 100 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The successful candidate will have a two-fold role:
- Translate the Youth Forum messages in catchy visual ways adaptable for social media and other online use;
- Assist with the day-to-day communications work of the European youth Forum, which may include: monitoring Youth Forum’s social media, editing the Youth Forum’s magazine YO!Mag; writing articles and news items for the Youth Forum’s communications channels; attending and supporting Youth Forum events and any other needs within the communication team to support the general advocacy of the Forum.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Good skills in design, video and social media are highly desirable;
- Educational background or equivalent experience (which could be through volunteering/as part of studies) in journalism, communication, design or other multimedia disciplines;
- Interest in politics and knowledge of some basics of the European and global landscape of decision-making affecting young people;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn, be part of a team, as well as lead a project independently and be creative;
- Available for six months, full-time, starting towards mid April 2017;
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies.
- Strong knowledge of graphic design programmes;
- Experience with web management tools (Wordpress, Drupal);
- Knowledge of and familiarity with key social media channels;
- Experience of video and photo editing programmes;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and preferably in French;
- Computer literate (European Youth Forum uses Mac OS).
WHAT THE EUROPEAN YOUTH FORUM OFFERS