UNDP Turkey works for Inclusive and Sustainable Growth, Inclusive and Democratic Governance and Climate Change and Environment. For more than 50 years the UNDP has worked in close partnership with the Turkish Government and numerous national and international institutions, including NGOs, academics and the business community.
UNDP supports Turkey’s ambitious reform agenda where EU accession figures prominently.
UNDP Turkey aims to find practical solutions to Turkey’s development challenges and manages projects together with the Turkish Government and other partners to address them. Since 1986 it has implemented over 80 programs across the country. In addition, the UNDP has played a major role in response to crises and disasters in Turkey and the surrounding region.
UNDP Turkey Communications Team works closely with project teams to increase visibility, encourage positive public opinion and create multi-media projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this internship is to provide an opportunity for graduate level degree students, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work. Selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Proof reading and translation
- Social media management tasks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Support in conducting Researches and collecting data as requested.
- Assisting with the daily office duties and tasks
- Other tasks of similar nature upon request
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in a degree programme in a relevant discipline (Communications and Design, Fine Arts, Law, International Relations, Translation and Interpretation) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
Required Experience and Skills:
- Working experience in communications is an asset, but not required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of social media trends and tools
- Acquainted with Adobe CC
- A desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Turkish.