CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Communications, Knowledge Management, and Project Management Coordinator or Specialist to join the dynamic, fast-moving team. This is a full-time position based in Kathmandu. The position will directly support and report to the Nepal MEL Activity Chief of Party (COP) and work closely with other senior staff.
Assist the CoP in efficient project management of the technical elements of the project across multiple dimensions, manage knowledge systems, develop knowledge products and communication pieces, and other tasks including the following responsibilities:
- Develop communications and knowledge management products from existing project products for multiple audiences.
- Serve as internal knowledge management officer, helping the team better manage its internal documentation for the long-term and between the current project and an expected follow-on project.
- Assist in editing and reviewing informal and formal deliverables to client for fidelity to requirements, consistency with and with a communications perspective
- Help COP manage follow-through on supporting and tracking technical assignments using electronic project management tools.
- Support technical staff as needed in the collection and storage of information including management and security of internal and external folders
- Assist team in management of regular processes and reporting, including quarterly and annual reports and client reporting
- Carry out other tasks developed in coordination with or assigned by the COP.
- A university degree, bachelor’s degree required, master`s preferred;
- At least 5 years of working in communications in Nepal;
- Experience across at least 3 years in knowledge management;
- Exposure to monitoring, evaluation and learning required;
- Experience with project management and in using IT systems for project management preferred;
- Experience with communications required;
- Experience with knowledge management or management of organizational information required;
- High level of sophistication with computer applications;
- Demonstrated handling of multiple assignments at the same time;
- Some exposure working with USAID preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali;
- Very high level of English fluency in writing demonstrated through writing samples;
- Good time management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Nepali citizens encouraged to apply