ASSIGNMENT OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVE:
YouLead is a USAID-funded, four-year program administered by VEGA, and implemented by IESC to improve technical and vocational education and training and increase the employability of young people in Sri Lanka. YouLead will create a more skilled and flexible workforce by undertaking activities that support and strengthen students, teachers, institutions, and young entrepreneurs. The program will ensure that high-quality, market-oriented career counseling is equally available to traditionally underserved groups, especially rural youth, girls and young women, and ethnic minorities. YouLead will work closely with key government ministries and private and public training institutes to design and improve educational and vocational training curriculum, always with a market-driven approach, and will help develop master trainers and counselors.
YouLead is seeking an officer who can support for Communications management activities carried out the project.
The objective of Communications is to assist the team of YouLead in the following areas but not limited to,
- Increase coverage and understanding of program objectives and activities through digital and print media and utilizing intermediary organizations’ distribution channels;
- Lead all aspects of program outreach and communication;
- Develop/ update communications strategy across multiple platforms, including print, electronic media, and social media. Other media platforms may include, but are not limited to, press releases, press conferences, media interviews, site visits, success stories, beneficiary testimonials, professional photography, videos, webcasts and/or e-mail marketing;
- Produce and track the rolling events calendar for all training and events, and draft a brief report on each event when complete;
- Develop and implement branding strategy that conforms to USAID requirements;
- Develop materials that communicate program messages to a broad range of audiences in Sri Lanka and the U.S.;
- Assist with program reporting for USAID including quarterly and annual reports, and other documents as needed;
- Liaise with local media and public relations officers in local partner organizations and USAID;
- Liaise with IESC home office communications to coordinate and amplify messages and communications;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor to meet program objectives; and,
- Travel to the field as required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree related field;
- at least 5 years of relevant experience in working with national/international NGOs;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, particularly with regard to presentations and preparation of publications;
- Proven experience with media relations and media management;
- Experience with USAID and other donors desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- English fluency required; Sinhalese or Tamil proficiency preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership and integrity. Proven organizational skills;
- Maturity, professionalism, positive attitude and displays acceptable behavior.