World Vision, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to manage and coordinate field communications for the FAST consortium; to provide support and resources to enable the consortium to appropriately engage with its various public engagement audiences in order to raise funds and the profile of the partner organizations.
- Resource Production and Publication
- Manage the Consortium branding and identity for all partners
- Communicate with Communications focal points across the partnership for consistency in branding
- Produce quarterly newsletter for FAST consortium, sitreps , fact sheets and project overviews.
- Produce high quality materials for meetings (powerpoints,hanouts)
- Reputational risk management for FAST consortium operations in conjunction with the FAST compliance function
- Coordinate consortium partners’ communications staff at regional/hub level to source and produce success stories/needs stories and multimedia materials from the programs.
- Sign-off and approve standard comms materials and share content for external use with appropriate senior leadership for signoff.
- Identify key messages and learnings to be shared with consortium partners.
- Draft reactive messaging around any urgent incidents that happen on the ground.
- Produce visibility materials to be shared with all field staff.
- Media monitoring for all FAST consortium programming.
- Write and produce press releases and media packages to be used at external meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in Journalism or Communication, development communication, social sciences or other related fields – preferred
- Excellent creative, organizational and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work within and across teams and with all levels of staff and stakeholders; resourceful and innovative;
- Experience leading processes and communicating complex ideas to management.
- Proficiency in the use of technology and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, Google Products);
- Basic photography skills and photo and video editing skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Willingness to participate in capacity building initiatives, and implement learnings on-the-job
- Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications areas, as needed;
- Pro-active and able to multi-task
- Proven trach record of initiative and innovation.
- At least 5 years' experience in communications
- At least 1 year of experience in doing communications and media work, preferably with an NGO;
- Proven ability to design effective communication products, lead formulation of communication messages and strategies;
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different public information and education materials;
- Multimedia skills such as video production, photo management and graphic design
- Experience or knowledge of copywriting and copyediting