Communications & Marketing Manager
Ashoka, Bengaluru, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Ashoka Innovators for the Public is an international non-profit organisation that pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship almost 40 years ago. Headquartered in Arlington, Ashoka is the world’s first and largest professional network of social entrepreneurs with over 3500 Ashoka Fellows in 92+ countries. Ashoka is the largest network of leading social entrepreneurs with systems changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, Ashoka has elected and supported over 3,800 social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows) in 90 countries.
Position: Communications & Marketing Manager
Key Achievements Include:
- Media partnerships: Launch, nurture, and guide media collaboration aligned with Ashoka’s framework change. Cultivate key influencers, media, and publishers.
- Comprehensive Storytelling: develop a national storytelling framework that encourages the sharing of stories demonstrating the shift towards youth and citizen agency, and the systems change approach to solution development.
- Movement Marketing: Lead Ashoka’s efforts to build cohesive and leveraged approaches with movement partners and co-leaders to advance framework change initiatives, such as Ashoka Young Changemakers and Everyone a Changemaker.
Qualifications and Qualities:
The right candidate will have the skills and 8+ years of related experience to:
- Creating and implementing marketing and community engagement strategies;
- Building and nurturing media partnerships;
- Researching and developing stories that tie to institutional vision/objectives;
- Providing media briefings to institutional spokespeople or partners, and prepare them for persuasive storytelling;
- Monitoring and evaluating impact of call to action;
- Cross-cultural communications, including English proficiency to work in a global environment;
- Experience working with a distributed workforce and a very strong institutional culture;
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships around the world, and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Internal motivation and high ethical standards;