Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Job-specific
Support UNOPS AR NPOH Country Director and Project Managers to develop and strengthen coordination and reporting mechanisms with relevant stakeholders in Nepal, in order to ensure;
- a timely and consistent reporting on projects, both for internal and external purposes;
- a regular dissemination of best practices in terms of sustainability, project, management, capacity building;
- a regular and consistent, communication and coordination with key stakeholders involved in UNOPS project;
- a creative communication about UNOPS achievements in Nepal; and
- An effective use of financial and human resources from monitoring and reporting purposes.
The responsibilities of the incumbent will include but are not be limited to the following
- Assist in developing monitoring and reporting framework for Projects;
- Assist and provide oversight in the implementation of base line surveys;
- Assist the Project Managers’ Advisers and Project Engineers to implement the monitoring and reporting framework in a standardized and coherent manner;
- Coordination and timely submission of donor reports as per agreement;
- Participate at Projects’ coordination meetings as and when required;
- Cover and support occasional donor and other high-profile visit to Nepal and project sites;
- Support the Project Managers’ in preparing press releases and articles on the Projects’ for both internal and external publications;
- Liaise with Reporting focal points of other offices;
- Support in the preparation of NPOH Quarterly Reports;
- Support the Project Managers’ in UNOPS involvement in the UNDAF by assisting in preparing or editing reports, meeting minutes, power pint presentations and other documents as and when required;
- When required, support Project Managers’ in gathering and assembling information relevant to the development context in Nepal;
- Support communications activities of NPOH;
- Assist the Project Managers’ in managing the lessons learning, evidence base and sharing processes of UNOPS projects n Nepal;
- Assist by developing concepts and approaches and any other activities required for effective lessons learning and sharing within the organization;
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Assist in developing and effective M&R framework for Nepal
- Preparation of quarterly reports for Nepal
- Preparation of well expressed, accurate press articles
- Develping effective concepts and approaches
- Secondary school education is required
- Bachelors or equivalent in communications, journalism media relations or relevant discipline is an asset;
- Certification in communications, monitoring and reporting desirable
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience in monitoring, reporting and communications is required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of studies may substitute for some required years of experience;
- Experience in data analysis and report writing, monitoring, reporting and communication desirable
- Experience in the usage of commuters and office software package (MS Office is required)
Language: Fluency in written and oral English and Nepali is required