Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• Lead the communication work of IUCN in South-Eastern Europe
• In accordance with the IUCN Programme 2013-2016 and the IUCN Strategic Plan for SEE assist in programme development and project implementation with respect to communications.
• Maintain communication with IUCN Members, Commissions, and partners.
• Provide support to the IUCN SEE Director in the day-to-day operations of the IUCN Programme Office for South-Eastern Europe.
• Develop a communication strategy for IUCN in SEE
• Provide communications support to the implementation of IUCN SEE projects
• Maintain and update the IUCN SEE webpage
• Prepare and disseminate the IUCN SEE e-Bulletin quarterly
• Maintain the IUCN SEE distribution list
• Coordinate the preparation of communication material and promotion of IUCN SEE beyond projects and existing communication tools
• Increase IUCN SEE’s media presence, including social media
• Maintain communication with other IUCN offices and constituencies in the SEE region and represent IUCN SEE at meetings as necessary
• Coordinate the management of IUCN events.
• The gross annual salary for this position is in the range from EUR 22.888 to EUR 30'000, subject to deductions for social security contributions and health insurance, and before tax.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a subject related to the field of communications
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of communications, preferably in an international setting
• Proven ability to develop and implement effective comms strategy
• Proven ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing
• Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment
• Capacity to work effectively under time pressure and extended hours if required and pre-approved by Director SEE
• Willingness to travel within the region, sometimes at short notice
• Fluency in English and Serbian or other language spoken in the region
• Computer literacy in MS Office packages
• Excellent organizational skills
• Fast and immaculate typing and proof-reading skills
• Team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently