Pact, Washington D.C., United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- Pact is recruiting for a Communications Officer for the global project Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE), whose goal is to reach and sustain HIV/AIDS epidemic control for pregnant women, adolescents, children, and infants and by supporting them through targeted clinical, prevention, and mitigation interventions. The program will also provide an avenue for USAID to transition their prime awards to local partners.
- Under the direction of ACHIEVE’s global Project Director, the Communications Officer supports all communication activities, including administration of the OVCSupport.org website. S/he will develop or update global branding and marking plans and templates, facilitate cross-project communication, contribute to donor deliverables and reports and support the compilation and dissemination of ACHIEVE technical resources and learnings. S/he also liaises with the ACHIEVE Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director and Pact Integrated Communications and Results and Measurement teams to help generate and disseminate project thought leadership and achievements. Additionally, the Communications Officer plays a key role in providing support to eight country buy-ins by providing technical assistance in communications. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. The Communications Officer is instrumental in ensuring that ACHIEVE can effectively communicate internally and externally about the project, its accomplishments, and lessons learned.
Overall project communications support:
- Lead project communications activities, including generating communications pieces, regularly updating project social media accounts, and managing the OVCSupport.org website under the ACHIEVE program
- Manage communications for ACHIEVE/OVCSupport.org through WordPress
- Curate and disseminate the project newsletter though MailChimp
- Coordinate ACHIEVE webinar processes via relevant online platforms (e.g., GoToMeeting, Zoom, MS Teams)
- Manage ACHIEVE’s presence on Pact’s website, pactworld.org/achieve
- Participate in regular team meeting to keep informed on technical activities and to present any new communications activities
- Assist in editing and formatting ACHIEVE’s buy-in and global donor deliverables, including biannual progress reports to USAID and the yearly work plan
- Update the Branding and Marking Plan, and develop templates that align with the plan
- Make suggestions for adaption, as aligned with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach
Support to country buy-ins:
- Regularly meet with and mentor country buy-in offices and staff to write effective communications materials, including success stories, program reports, technical briefs, and resources, fact sheets, and other project communications materials and support wide dissemination to targeted audiences
- Conduct short-term trips to assigned buy-in countries to gather information for communications pieces
- Ensure that ACHIEVE’s buy-ins internalize and implement the USAID-approved branding and marking plan and related templates and processes
- Collaborate with the global ACHIEVE technical team to review and interpret data across buy-ins for communications pieces, and package and disseminate them in a meaningful way
- Interact with the global and buy-in M&E teams to gather and generate data visualizations for communication pieces
- Manage the gathering, use, and archiving of information, both narrative and pictorial, for communications pieces and thought leadership
- Support the ACHIEVE technical teams and buy-ins to develop, update as necessary, edit and format, and roll out technical tools, standard operating procedures, guidelines, factsheets, blog posts, and other resources as necessary
- Coordinate with Pact’s Communications and Results and Measurement teams as appropriate in the compilation and dissemination of technical resources and learnings
- Partner with Pact’s Integrated Communications department and global communicators to share ACHIEVE knowledge, stories, and learnings and highlight them in organizational products and campaigns (e.g., Measuring Pact’s Mission report, World AIDS Day).
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as communications, public health, international development, public policy, or journalism, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience working in communications (or a master’s degree with 5 years of experience).
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, including experience with copy editing and designing English language reports.
- At least two (2) years of experience in website management.
- Professional experience in social media outreach.
- Experience with USAID and/or PEPFAR-funded projects.
- Experience applying USAID branding and marking plans to communication pieces.
- High proficiency in MS Office.
- Effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors ad partner organizations.
- Ability to use data visualization software including GIS, Tableau, PowerBI, or R software
- Experience with graphic design
- Fluency in French or Spanish highly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience living and working in a developing country
- Experience with PEFPAR programming
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time