AHA Centre, Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
Broad Statement of Function
- Manage media relations with respect to the overall activities of the AHA Centre including supporting the implementation of the Establishment of a Disaster Emergency Logistic System for ASEAN (DELSA) Project;
- Develop and continually maintain effective working relationships with the ASEAN Member States and ASEAN communications counterparts. Including developing and maintaining contact lists of individuals, groups, organisations and fora whose support are essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives;
- Creating, develop, implement and manage communications of the AHA Centre;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans including tools and mechanisms to ensure effective implementation of communication activities;
- Capture ASEAN’s – AHA Centre’s emergency response efforts to the affected country;
- Conduct crisis communications training courses for the AHA Centre’s signature programmes;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director of the AHA Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage media relations with respect to the overall activities of the AHA Centre including supporting the implementation of JAIF - the Establishment of a Disaster Emergency Logistic System for ASEAN (DELSA) Project.
- Develop, maintain and update contact lists of journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web, photo etc. – and a successful process of communicating and maintaining regular contact and close collaboration with the media to communicate the story of the AHA Centre’s cooperation;
- Establish, document, review and refine process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, etc.;
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as organising project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilising both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
Develop and continually maintain effective working relationships with the ASEAN Member States and ASEAN communications counterparts including developing and maintaining contact lists of individuals, groups, organisations and fora whose support are essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives.
- Facilitate effective liaison and work closely with ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN Member States, National Disaster Management Offices (NDMOs), the Government of Japan as well as ASEAN Dialogue Partners and other organisations;
- Manage and improve relationships with journalists and media houses as well as stakeholders who can deliver our objectives of disseminating mass information to middle class and grass root communities.
Create, develop, implement and manage communications of the AHA Centre
- Provide communications support and update to the Executive Director in responding to the media and to the other team and project members in preparation for public appearances;
- Recommend and prepare support materials for meetings and media outreach opportunities for the information dissemination;
- Organise and coordinate press events for the AHA Centre’s activities, and follow up with media to ensure coverage of public events;
- Design, develop, and produce information materials, print and audio-visual for media, web sites and other public outreach;
- Initiate and manage contacts and other relationships with key stakeholders;
- Compose, edit, design, record and produce publications to enhance the public’s understanding of the AHA Centre including producing reports highlighting programme developments, achievements and stories to appropriate stakeholders;
- Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate a variety of media materials in multiple, appropriate formats such as press releases and featured stories;
- Provide monthly content creation and supervision for the production of The Column - the AHA Centre’s news bulletin;
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, NDMOs, NGOs, relevant sectors and stakeholders, and other appropriate audiences;
- Promote, maintain and regularly update the AHA Centre’s website including the establishment and management of a picture data base to document the AHA Centre activities
- Develop the weekly social media content schedule and provide weekly analytics update.
Develop monitoring and evaluation plan including tools and mechanism to ensure effective implementation of communication activities.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools to measure effectiveness and sustainability of communication activities of the AHA Centre and provide necessary recommendations for improvement and initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials and provide regular report related to communication activities.
- Monitor local and international press coverage in the areas of disaster management and inform to the AHA Centre staffs.
- Travel to the field to get to know projects and capture success stories for dissemination through website, outreach folders and to media.
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience with proven track record and exposure to Public Relations and Communications preferably in international organisations or private sector;
- Profound knowledge in developing strategic communications work plans and its implementation including media relations;
- Profound knowledge of the media context in ASEAN;
- Experience in managing content-creation both digital and printed;
- Proficient in developing multi-media (audio-video) products; including photography, videography and editing;
- Experience in managing a broad range of activities dealing with various international organisations and related institutions;
- Good skills in developing a variety of written materials for audiences with different levels of understanding to the materials or subject matters presented;
- Good knowledge and understanding of information and communications technology;
- Excellent computer skills, including developing graphics for presentation materials;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Appropriate knowledge of ASEAN and its regional framework would be beneficial.