Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Communications is a key component of the Civil Society Organization (CSO) Strengthening Project, Evolving a Self-Reliant Culture in Strategic Organizations and Capacitating Them to Mobilize Local Resources, which aims to strengthen the capacity of CSOs and CSO networks that can serve as Learning Resource Organizations (LROs). The role of the Communications Officer is to provide technical expertise to the Project Management Office (PMO) in developing and implementing a communication strategy for the Civil Society Organization (CSO) Strengthening Project. S/he is expected to develop and implement plans and a range of communication activities consistent with the communication strategy. Through his/her excellent communication skills and experience across a variety of platforms , the post holder will engage relevant stakeholders to include: civil society organizations, government units and agencies, media, private sector corporations, donors, etc. S/he is also expected to develop content and creative communication materials that are tailored and targeted, delivered in a timely way to maximize impact, increase visibility and promote the project to target audiences.
Under the guidance of the Chief of Party, the post holder, in coordination with other members of the PMO and Consortium partners shall advance the Project’s key messages in a creative manner so as to generate awareness and stakeholder support.
- Graduate of Marketing/ Communications/ Broadcasting or any related course
- At least 5-7 years of experience in related field
- Excellent writing (sample works required) and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic multimedia skills in the production of high quality communication materials
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest communication strategies and techniques across multiple platforms (online and offline)
- Excellent relationship-building and coordination skills
- High level of attention to details
- Creativity and passion for innovation
- Knowledge of the Philippines’ mass media with a track record of success and results achieved
- Professional communications skills, gained within a journalism/PR/campaigns environment, to communicate and adapt complex policy and development issues to different levels of target audience
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within Save the Children and with the media; (communications; influencing others)
- Ability to work and produce quality outputs under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly
- Politically and culturally sensitive, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Willing to travel to any part of the country as needed for the Project and maybe requested by Save the Children Philippines for its humanitarian response
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children.
- Basic photography and videography skills
- Strong graphic design skills for online and offline platforms
- Campaigns and PR experience