CIMMYT, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated, and results-oriented Communications Officer to provide communications support to the Agricultural Innovation Program for Pakistan (AIP).
- The position contributes to promote a positive image among relevant external audiences for the work of AIP and CIMMYT and provide diverse communications services – including writing, editing and media relations.
- You will work as a member of CIMMYT’s Corporate Communications in close collaboration with CIMMYT’s Global Wheat Program, and will also work closely with the program’s partners and communicators.
- The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Pakistan office, in Islamabad.
- Formulate, implement and revise a comprehensive communications strategy to advance the goals of the AIP project;
- Communicate, educate, and increase the awareness of development partners about AIP outcomes and impacts via diverse media (the web and social media, publications, policy documents, photo essays, etc.);
- Identify, document, produce, and help leverage compelling success stories and positive reports for diverse audiences and formats;
- Conduct media relations, including assistance to journalists for interviews and taking part in media campaigns to raise AIP’s profile.
- Write, edit and oversee the production of publications including newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, reports, etc.;
- Write material for the CIMMYT website and/or subsidiary websites and send regular program’s updates to CC team;
- Provide necessary support in editing of technical publications such as journal articles, working papers, project reports, funding proposals, and training materials;
- Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master Degree in Communications or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in Science Communications, Public Relations and/or Non-Profit Communications and/or USAID projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of the non-profit and/or agricultural research for development environments.
- Clear grasp of communications strategies and creativity in applying them to raise awareness of AIP and CIMMYT’s activities and achievements.
- Aesthetic sense for branding, design, photography, and videography.
- Proficiency in use of social networking and new media tools.
- Knowledge and appreciation of science and the ability to express technical concepts in clear, simple language for diverse audiences, including the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively to deadline, under occasionally intense pressure, and as part of a diverse, multicultural team.
- High-level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Use of advanced level Power Point and MS office tools.
- To apply, email cover letter and CV to Human Resources, CIMMYT (email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Please insert Position Reference number: P16629 in the subject of your email). Incomplete applications (CV, Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Mr. Awais Yaqub, at email@example.com
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer.
- It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.