World Vision International(WVI), Quan Hoan Kiem, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
To raise public awareness of and engagement with World Vision’s work in Vietnam, and to protect the organization’s reputation and image by undertaking these core functions:
- Traditional Media:Media Plan: Support the development of media engagement plan through analyzing the media context, identifying potential key media partners, and engagement tactics that will position World Vision as a leading child-focused NGO and prepares the organization to mitigate media crisis and negative coverage. The media plan will also include media protocols for internal use.
- Mass Media Relationships: Develop and maintain an updated contact list for Vietnamese and English journalists, regularly liaising to pitch stories and issues for coverage, and responsive to current stories and issues. Develop press kits for media events.
- Monitor Daily News: Daily reading of print and online media, updating media tracking log, and informing Communications Manager on hot issues or potential for negative media.
- Media Crisis Management: Timely support the preparation of media statements, media Q&A’s, fact sheets in the event of a media crisis.
- Capacity Building: Develop training curriculum for spokesperson, local staff and managers, and provide basic training to National office and field staff on how to deal with the media.
- Digital Media: Establish and grow online presence across website, internal and external Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Ensure that quality stories and messages are broadcast regularly across the online platforms. Monitor WVV website periodically.
- GAM Communications: Work with GAM team to write successful stories of grant projects and pitch them to appropriate national media and send to Partnership for use. Engage the national media in GAM events as per the request.
- Story-telling for SHARE: Write compelling feature length child-focused stories from communities where WV Vietnam is working to fulfill partnership and internal requests. Proactively identify stories and key issues for pitching to WV’s various stakeholders and internal publications. Ensure key communications protocols including child protection and protection of the vulnerable are understood and followed by all associated with the project.
- Advocacy Communications: Work with Public Relations/Executive Communications Officer to create compelling content in partnership with Advocacy that enhances the impact of WV Vietnam’s advocacy campaigns and work. Engage the national media in Advocacy events when requested.
- HEA Communications: Maintain strong links and communications with the media during an emergency. Be responsible for providing updated information about WV’ Vietnam’s emergency assistance to the national media and the organisation’s social media as well as facilitating media trips when needed. Builds capacity of key spokespersons. Provide other support to the Communications Manager as required in emergency situations.
- Host: Host well all media visits, local and international visitors to World Vision’s projects in line with the child protection guidelines. Ensure that media stories developed accurately reflect World Vision’s mission, and are shared back with World Vision in Vietnam. Make sure key communications protocols (child protection, media engagement and protection of the vulnerable) are understood and followed by all associated with the visit.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
- Bachelors’ degree in public relations, journalism, communication or equivalent
- At least three-year experience in public relations or media-related field
- Experience working in development context, a fast paced, multi-cultural working environment.
- Fluent in oral communications and written skills in Vietnamese and English
- Working independently and as an active team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with or knowledge about development in rural context.
- World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization.
- Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
- Our contact details are: People and Culture DepartmentWorld Vision International - VietnamAddress: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, HanoiTel: 04. 39439920 (ext.121)
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/vietnam/communications/wvv-communications-officer/5186