World Vision, Mansourieh, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is part of the External engagement function and will support in fulfilling the strategic priorities of Communications within WVL in line with WVL strategic priorities and plans.
The Communications Coordinator will support in:
- Producing communications materials about World Vision Lebanon programmes in line with WV strategic priorities and plans in coordination with communications Coordinator, the regional Communications Team and the World Vision partnership.
- Manage WVL digital platforms ensuring effective use of social media channels and WV Lebanon page to outreach to the general public and specific audience while ensuring proper monitoring and analysis of these efforts.
- Support in the planning, implementation and documentation of community local initiatives and campaigns
- Assist in implementing World Vision Lebanon’s visibility, branding, and child protection and communications policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Audiovisual, journalism, communications,
- Strong photography, video filming and editing skills
- Previous experience of developing quality content and leading social media campaigns
- Very strong ability to write, edit, and speak English (Previous experience writing, editing and/or publishing articles and taking photos)
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office and web-based software
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and understanding of social and political environment.
- Full adherence to World Vision Lebanon Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in communications or journalism or a related field.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, with team members as well as alone.
- Experience of coordinating work between different stakeholders
- Ability to cope with working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Experience in planning and implementation of media and social media campaigns
- Familiarity with web-based portals and content-management systems
- Position requires in-country travel for up to 50 per cent of working hours.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster. Also requires willingness to undergo World Vision and external training on how to respond to such emergencies, including first aid training.
- Willingness to develop survival and security skills for various risks and challenges encountered in emergency situations.
- Willingness to undergo first aid and security training.