world vision, Lusaka, South Africa
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
To provide, support and coordinate WVZ digital platforms (website/social media) to ensure a fully functional, strategic content development and dissemination of all digital and print content to aimed at improving the well-being of the most child well-being. Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Collect communications resources from Area Programmes/Sector heads and Senior Leadership Technical (SLT) to produce PERIODIC UPDATES (Web-based, print, video, photos and situational reports) for staff and Partnership to create shared understanding and support of WV Zambia’s work.
- Generate market products and services on the website and social media for the different WVZ audiences based on existing programmes to ensure donors and partners are updated on the transformation occurring in communities we work.
- Work closely with communications & advocacy team members for optimal coordination and digital & print production of communications resources.
- Travel to the field as/when required to generate quality communications resources for local and Partnership-wide use.
- Support programmes in coordinating, production, editing and delivering of key information needs for Support Offices (SOs) and Partnership.
- Support content for media houses both internal and external, in close consultation with the Director Advocacy and Communications.
- Provide support to different teams in delivering clear and key messages about change strengthening and developments to staff including the National Office strategy, regional updates and partnership initiatives, etc.
- Manage the dissemination of internal and strategic information to staff and support change management process through different internal platforms.
- Products i.e. reports, presentations, websites, podcasts that will deliver specific key messages in the most effective way.
- Consistently provide regular updates to the WV Zambia pages and manage all social media platforms in line with the national office demands and that of the Partnership.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Technical skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Degree in Mass Communication or diploma in journalism with two years’ experience gathering and writing stories.
- Experience in videography, writing stories and photography
- Should be a self-starter, innovative and ready to travel extensively (locally), Graphic design will be an added advantage
- Understanding of working in a multifaceted industry, NGO added advantage
- Energetic and have the ability to think and plan to meet multiple deadlines
- Must possess high level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Excellent communication skills, creativity, innovation and fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Possess cross-cultural skills necessary to build internal and external relations
- Strong understanding of communications requirements of the WV partnership
- Possess excellent necessary videography, social media skills to position the organisation
- Must be a team player
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and WVI databases
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Good writing and document/publication editing skills
- Experience in videography, editing and photography
- Graphic Design will be an added advantage