Communications Senior Associate
United Nations Office for Project Services, Cotabato City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Working under the supervision of the Communications Senior Officer or designated supervisor, the Communications Senior Assistant will assist in coordinating the development and implementation of the Communication and Visibility Plan of the Action.
Taking into consideration EU Requirements for Communications and Visibility, the Communications Senior Assistant will also support both the development and dissemination of internal/external communication relating to the project’s activities, events and engagements in order to facilitate greater exposure of the project as well as to support the enhancement of community engagement knowledge as a means of bolstering public opinion and trust.
- Support the definition of project communication plans and their implementation
- Provide support to communications with the media representatives and other stakeholders and partners
- Support the production of communications material including fast facts, infographics, brochures, newsletters and publications
- Establish and maintain the project’s calendar of events
- Maintain archive of projects photos and media coverage
- Support to organize project events, donors/VIP visits, press conferences and other media opportunities
- Assist in the development of technical specifications and terms of references for purchase of services and goods needed for the conduct of communications activities
- Provide communication support for organization of workshops/trainings
- Participate in the relevant UNOPS’ Communities of Practice and the UN Communications Group in Philippines
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above
- Assist in updating SUBATRA social media accounts and website on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements;
- Assist in developing presentation and IEC materials;
- Provide support in developing press and public statements capturing key messages;
- Assist in writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events;
- Monitor deliveries of goods and services related to communications requirements and activities.
- Completion of secondary school/high school diploma is required.
- An Advanced University degree or a first University degree, preferably in Communication, Media, Social Studies, International relations, Visual Arts, Multimedia Arts, Graphic Design, Journalism or in any other relevant area, may substitute required years of work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience (or less depending on academic credentials)in the area of communications, media, campaigns and operations, preferably with an international organization.
- Experience of working in an international NGO, UN agency or other international technical cooperation agency is desired.
- Competent in the use of all commonly used computer software, including G Suite, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, Adobe Photoshop, and Google Suite, is desirable.
- Experience in graphic design is desired.
- Knowledge of digital analytics is desired.
- Proven capacity to interact with a variety of stakeholders is desirable.
- Fluency in both English and Tagalog is desirable.