United Nations Office for Project Services, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the leadership of the Senior Programme Manager, the Communications Specialist-Public Relations and Outreach will oversee the Cameroon office communications and outreach activities in order to position UNOPS uniqueness in the country. She/he will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain a strategic perspective on the communications and outreach needs of the region, and identify opportunities for visibility and outreach related, including media events, speaking opportunities, conferences and strategic meetings with existing and potential partners.
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around UNOPS activities, results, flagship initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles in LCR.
- Establish mutual benefit relationship with distinguished Universities, Epistemic Communities, Technical Experts networks, Professional Organizations in the region.
- Identify, connect and cultivate relevant influencers on UNOPS mandate area, and nurture long lasting relationships with the target audience.
- Oversee the production of communication materials and be responsible for media relations.
- Coordinate communications and outreach network to ensure it supports and is aligned with UNOPS strategy for Latin American & Caribbean region.
- Ensure that all regional messaging and communications are in harmony with global messages and goals.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields
- in combination with two (2) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
- Technical/Professional Diploma in Communications, International Relations, Political/Social Science or related fields in combination with four (4) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years or more of relevant experience either in Communication and/or Public Relations and/or Outreach at the national (government) or international level, non-governmental organizations or private sector in the field of development cooperation or public administration is required;
- A minimum of two years experience on international politics, diplomacy, partnership development, institutional and government relations, public relations/public affairs, and/or resource mobilization is required;
- Experience in leading institutional/external relations or advocacy activities is an asset;
- Experience in working with Partnership Development, Outreach, Marketing and/or Communication programmes/activities is an asset ;
- Experience within the Central African region, or experience in an organization that has been engaging with one or several governments in the region in the context of humanitarian or development work is desirable;
- UN/UNOPS experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience /knowledge of web-based applications and Google Suite products, especially google forms, sheets, docs and slides is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English (reading, writting and speaking) required.